“promoting the Sri Lankan culture and heritage”
The Sri Lankan Graduates’ Society (SLGS) is a postgraduate society affiliated to the Graduate Student Association (GSA) at the University of Melbourne, Australia. SLGS works with the University of Melbourne to provide following services to over 100 Sri Lankan postgraduate students at the university.
- Provide advocacy and welfare for Sri Lankan graduate students who are studying at the University of Melbourne.
- Organize cultural activities introducing the Sri Lankan culture and heritage to the multicultural community of the University of Melbourne while contributing to such activities organized by the university.
- Organize promoting events and charity activities aiming to help both Sri Lanka and the University of Melbourne.
- Promote and motivate Sri Lankan students to pursue undergraduate and post-graduate studies at the University of Melbourne.
- Enhance the academic and professional life of SLGS members.
To represent the Sri Lankan graduate student cohort of University of Melbourne by providing support to incoming and current students, building social-cultural bond among each one of them and facilitating leadership development, providing awareness about Sri Lankan culture and values among members and encouraging student growth.
To foster a safe and inclusive environment and to provide a memorable and inspirational experience to Sri Lankan graduate students at the University of Melbourne